Python is a simple, multi-paradigm, dynamically typed programming language and has a huge predefined functions and modules. It is a simple language that has only one way to do anything. There are many more languages that have multiple ways to do a particular task, you can use any of them. But python said that there is only one way and you have to work like this. This is a good thing for most programmers.
Python is also a case sensitive language like any other language like C, C++, Java etc. Case sensitive means that you will treat lowercase and uppercase letters separately. If while coding the same word one is written in capital and capital letters, then we consider both as different words.
Its syntax is so simple that anyone can learn and understand it easily. Even a non-programmer can learn it easily. It is an object-oriented programming language in which every variable is an object.
General it does not have a compiler. Here is an interpreter. Here everything is decided at runtime. It doesn’t need to declare any variables first. It is all decided at run time. In other words, the data type is determined here at run time.
Here the blocks are not separated by a curly brace. We use indentation here. It takes care of alignment through your white space. For example, if a block is given 5 white spaces at the beginning, it should be given 5 white spaces at the end.
Table of Contents
Features of Python:
- The readability of the code is good here.
- It has very good memory management, it is automatic. In other words, memory management is done automatically.
- It is a dynamically typed language.
- It has huge library. You just need to learn to use it.
- It a multi-paradigm programming language. Here you can do procedural programming, structural programming as well as object oriented programming.
- It is a platform independent language, it can be run in multiple operating systems.
- You will have a lot more error checking than in C.
- You can split a large program into modules and you can reuse that module in other programs.
Hello World program using Python
Advantages of using Python
There are following advantages of using Python programming:
- Python code is easy to read and maintain, even for large programs.
- It has extensive predefined libraries that you can use to develop any number of complex features.
- Whatever program you write, that program will be compatible with different operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi etc.
- We can write system scripts in easy way.
- It is portable and extendable.
- We can do very complex math calculations that can handle large data.
- We can use python in web data science, software development etc.
Real-world Applications of Python
There are following important application of Python:
- Web Application
- Game Development
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Desktop Graphical User Interface
- Image Processing
- Text Processing
- Audio and Video Applications
- Software Development
- Data Science and Data Visualization
- Scientific and Numeric Applications
Apart from above you can use this programming language to develop console application, you can use in robotics field, to automate testing of application, data analysis which is the most important section of python.
If you have got knowledge by reading the above article, then you must have got an idea of it. Python uses the interpreter. Sometimes we also need to add new built-in functions to the interpreter to use it. Sometimes it happens that we need maximum speed to perform any important operation. And sometimes we also have to link Python program with third party which may be in binary format.
If you have knowledge of C programming then you can do it easily. You can link a C programming application to a Python interpreter. And you can use it as an extension.
Is Python easy to learn?
Yes, Python is easy to learn because of its simplicity in syntax and dynamically typed nature.
Is Python is better than C & C++?
If we go with the word “better” then it will come syntax, speed, performance in that area which is far better than C++. Because C++ uses curly braces to create blocks that increase the size of the program. And C++ takes more development time. C & C++ has fewer libraries than Python, you have to write a program for complex operations in C & C++.
What is Python not good for?
It is not good for mobile and game application. We need to consider the memory or processing factor a lot in mobile and game development. Because you also run the application in mobile which should be fast. Therefore, Python takes more memory and more processing time than any other programming language, by which we can develop mobile and game applications. This is the main reason why we do not prefer python for mobile and game development.
We use the hash character (#) to start a comment.
Single line Comments
# This is the comment
# This is the first line comment # This is the second line comment # This is the third line comment print("Hello World!");
""" This is the first line comment This is the second line comment This is the third line comment """ print("Hello World!");
Comment at the end of line
print("Hello World!"); # Comment at the end of line
In conclusion, hope you liked this tutorial. We have tried to cover introduction of python with features, examples, applications and comments which we use in Python programming.
If you have any doubt and query feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.